Sunday, September 19, 2010

The first few weeks

Hello parents!  
We've had a good first few weeks!  We're still working on getting our daily routines down, but soon it will become habit.  We have been working on place value and addition in math as a review from last year.  Everyone really seems to understand place value drawings.  In reading this week, we are going to have an apples theme!  Tomorrow, you will be receiving a paper asking you to send in an apple with your student on Friday.  I have decided to change the way I have been grading the spelling tests.  I was following a method that another third grade teacher is using. However, I feel it is confusing and not the way I would like to grade them.  So, you will be seeing a fractional grade of how many they have correct out of six and a percentage grade as well.

Please continue to check your student’s homework assignment log nightly and initial that they have shown you all of the completed work.

Please continue to send in any concerns you have via e-mail or note.  However, please limit your phone calls during the school hours as I have to interrupt my lesson in order to answer.

Also, progress reports for behavior will be coming home this Friday.  Please look over this and send it back with any concerns you may have.

On Mondays I will be sending home the class work papers that they have turned in for grades.  Some will have actual percentage grades, others will have a check plus, check, or check minus.  Please, sign the attached sheet and send the entire packet back to school.  I keep these in order to check their progress throughout the year.  There will be some graded items in their writing notebook as well.

The new GAB website has now been launched!  I will also have a web page there with information from the classroom!  Feel free to check it out!

Thanks for reading and following our classroom blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment